Thursday, March 26, 2020

GO(a)T MILK?

So, many years ago I sold my beloved goat herd because of milk allergies stemming from MY TICK BITE and the subsequent contraction of Alpha-Gal.  Then, this year, through a great blesssing from the Lord, I discovered CULTURED FOOD.

This led to my milk allergy (among MANY other allergies) DISAPPEARING!!

So, I tried some goat milk kefir from the health food store: LOVED IT!!   Then this week it dawned on me to find a local source of goat milk.  It didn't take long to find a goat dairy only a few miles from my farm.  And, they keep the very breed of goat that I'd been thinking about buying.  NIGERIAN DWARF.

So, since we are all in quarantine (COVID19), I made arrangements to pick up the milk via a cooler on the porch!! (Entrepreneurs are so innovative.)  I sent my husband on this errand with instructions to keep an eye out for the GOATS!!!  I'd seen their videos on the dairy's Facebook page:  CUTENESS PERSONIFIED.

Now, just let me say: there's goat milk and there's GOAT MILK!!!   Some milk is horrible.  In fact, most milk I've had the displeasure of drinking is horrible.  Smell and Taste.  Milk from my goat herd was sweet and delicious.  So, my standards are high.

FarmBoy Gary brings home the milk; I'm waiting with glass in hand.  I take off the lid and sniff. Ahhh....sweet!   I smile.   I raise the milk to my lips trying not to get my hopes up.  I sip. Realization slowly dawns. Excitement sparks within!!  The milk is delicious!!!! :)   FINALLY, after years of abstinence, goat milk begins to nourish me.

A huge shout out to CLM Premium Goats & Goat Milk Products.  You can find her on Facebook.  My husband did not see any goats but he proudly snapped a pic of a PLAYSET --originally for children, but works great for goat kids.  He said it was one of several.  Now, really.  In my mind anyone who sets up"toys" for their goats is GREAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...