Thursday, October 4, 2012

Baby-A-Coming

Tessa and Charlie sittin in a tree

K I S S I N G

First comes love

Then comes marriage

Then comes Tessa with a baby carriage!

Tessa is one of my milk goats; Charlie is my little boy goat. What a stud.

This is my first ever experience at breeding goats so I am super excited....and praying for GOOD WEATHER on March 1! But, even if March comes in like a lion, I have a plan B.

It involves heat lamps and garages!

I took some cute pictures of them yesterday (Tessa and Charlie) but I just realized my camera is over in the herb cottage. And, it's still dark outside (No thanks, Ben Franklin) and I'm still in my jammies. So, pics to come later.

I've been feeding Tessa a special diet in preparation for motherhood. (More on that later) She is fresh now and this baby will be her second.

Gotta run, but just wanted to share the news.....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I also enjoy medicinal plants and herbs. I am learning all I can about them. I will grow anything I can grow whether it be food, medicinal, or just pretty!

    The kids are so fun, I hope your nanny does just fine in her kidding.

    We are not expecting any kids now, but I am expecting 25 baby chicks to arrive the last week of October! yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I grow some just because they're pretty!
      Baby chicks, yeah! I got some chicks last month...I put them under a broody hen--read their story Operation Adoption on the Sept 17 blog post.

      I'd like to invite you to share something you know HOW-TO do on my How-To-Tuesdays. Just fill in your name and web address and it will pop right up after my post. It will take folks directly to your site.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...