Monday, February 27, 2012

Warms Me Up!

BRRRR. Even though we have had 60+ degree days, our nights are frigid. This morning it was 28; my toes got cold before I finished the chores. But, you know what warms me right up? In fact what gets me boiling? Corporations who love profit more than truth. Corporations who don't care what goes into your body and YOUR CHILDREN'S bodies.

Now I like chocolate. And, I like hazelnuts. And, I even like Nutella. HOWEVER, the commercial pitched it as a way to get children to eat BREAKFAST. OMGSH. And, to make it even more appealing, they touted how it's all preservative-free, no chemicals, and, oh yeah, it's made with SKIM milk. Just typing that stirs me up. What they DON'T mention is the very first ingredient on the label is sugar. SUGAR. Do our kids need any more sugar??

Parents, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make the effort to get sugar off your children's plate. They are depending on YOU for their health and their future health. Illnesses that are labeled LIFESTYLE diseases simply means YOU are in control.
You don't have to completely eliminate sugar; all things in moderation. But, make a start. Take a few minutes READ THIS ARTICLE about sugar.


Click the link! Don't take my word for it; there are NUMEROUS studies about the ill-effects of sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...