Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oh, my aching back!!! Spring is definitely here. I'm still cleaning out herb beds...we have two LARGE oak trees (Minerva and Quercus) that provide wonderful winter mulch for all the herb, vegetable and flower beds. Now it's time to put those leaves in the compost. Sophie has had the best time playing in them...the leaves not the compost...although she is extremely interested in the compost bin.

The dandelions are blooming!!! Yes, I'm still on my campaign to change everyone's thoughts about this little golden weed. Folks on my block are spraying to get rid of them, I am digging them up for transplanting as I go. Think of them as little golden suns shining all over your yard. Take a look at the Dandelion article on my website (www.GBHfarm.com) for a look at the REAL personality of the dandelion and how it can benefit you. I also just added an Amazon.com widget...check out Susun Weed's book Healing Wise. There is a wonderful chapter on the positive assets of the dandelion. I've recommended several herb books that need to be in your library! Hover the cursor over the book for a full description.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...