Friday, March 27, 2009

It's sleeting. You have got to be kidding me. Trees are budding out, bulbs are blooming and our water garden fish are awake and hungry. So help me if it freezes I am going to do unspeakable violence to P. Phill, that fortune-telling, narcissistic groundhog. My daughter told me that in like a lamb, out like a...you know...trumps the groundhog thing. I don't think I have enough hutzpa to take on a lion, so I'm sticking with the groundhog.

My husband bought me the most wonderful garden tool. It is a like a super skinny shovel. I have problems with my wrists and can't work hand tools with any level of proficiency, but this thing works like a charm. I have been digging up dandelion root to make oils and tinctures (good stuff) and I am amazed at how easy it is. Thanks, Gary, you're always thinking of me.

The worms are doing GREAT. A few "escaped" and I worried they didn't like the cayenne I fed them, but I dug around and they all had smiles on their tiny little faces. The web (that ethereal know-it-all) says they don't like onions, but it never said anything about peppers.

Well, I have a bucket of roots to clean... have a monumental day...:) e

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...