Thursday, April 5, 2018

Never a Dull Moment...

What a blessing I had yesterday morning.  I woke up to 18 degrees outside (that's not the blessing, haha)...that low temp does not bode well for seedlings in an unheated greenhouse.  I had covered them with an extra layer of plastic--the hightunnel has two layers already.

This is last years pic but you get the idea of the size.
I held my breath when I lifted off the plastic and held fast to my faith in the prayers offered the day before.

The tiny seedlings had ice on them and I couldn't tell whether they were dead or not.

When I got home from work I immediately went to check on them and they were up and perky and enjoying the 90 degree heat in the hightunnel!!  God is good.  :)

A couple of days ago my faithful farm dogs woke me up to a coyote prowling in the yard.  He was HUGE.  I let the dogs out and they promptly reminded the coyote he didn't belong on this side of our mountain.

A few minutes later he was back....Wiley Coyote thought he'd give it another go.  The chickens and ducks were still safely tucked in their coop.

Once more the dogs showed him who's boss.  I've had tales of my neighbors dogs being attacked by coyotes recently so I was a little nervous.  But, I figured there is safety in numbers--two dogs: one coyote.
Toby

Cassie..she loves riding on the tractor.

Cassie forefront; Toby rear.  They're not napping, they're planning and plotting their PREDATOR WATCH.


The dogs are Miniature Australian Shepherds.  Lovely and sweet and VERY HIGH ENERGY.

So, today, I'm transplanting some seedlings into larger pots...getting ready for  FARM FAIR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...