Thursday, November 7, 2013

Men Cook Dinner Day


Woohooo, ladies. It's the national day for men to cook today! I am one of the chosen ones in that my FarmBoy Gary loves to cook. HERE IS a recipe from our website that even the culinary challenged men can do. It's right up their alley GRILLING.

Don't make the mistake of thinking grilling is only for warm months. We grill 12 months out of the year. This recipe for Grilled Onions is super easy and super good.

It's a beautiful day here at the farm. We've had several cloudy, windy, rainy, muddy days so the sunshine is soooo appreciated. FarmBoy Gary is working on making goat stalls in our barn. Yay! I wanted them to each have their own space. It's an old barn, but FarmBoy works wonders with his handy dandy hammer and yellow power tools....of which I am banned from touching.

Becky's spot where Daisy gored her is healing quite nicely. One day when I'm not talking about food I'm going to post pics of wounds and expound on my triple whammy herbal first aid protocol. IT"S GREAT. In the meantime you can read about it HERE

Yesterday I did battle with my sewing machine (Asian beetles invaded us during the hot spell last week and apparently they thought they would winter over in the mechanics of my Singer)and my serger (missing screw). However, I persevered and am almost done.

DRATTED BEETLES...THEY WERE EVERYWHERE!!!



We have a what I refer to as a mountain behind our barns. It is goat heaven. They always come when I call. Here is a short clip of their stampede down the mountain and into the barn yard in response to me yelling "GOAT" at the top of my lungs. Cute, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...