Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Comings and Goings...


The last two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity surpassing even our usual schedule.

We had our first Integrated Pest Management Workshop. We were thrilled by the great attendance. Our speakers from Lincoln university were knowledgeable and so very willing to help with anyone's "pest" problem. Read all about it HERE Click on SARE Research Study.

It involves beneficial insect plantings, sacrifice plants and chicken tractors. Now how could you not be interested in that!

My little sick hen went to the Great Chicken Yard In The Sky. She gave it her best but just couldn't pull through. I partially blame myself because she spent that night out in the cold rain after she was getting better.

I was asked a question about the apple cider vinegar. It was an ingredient in my health potion. No, it's purpose is not as a sort of smelling salt. The organic components of the ACV are health promoting and life giving. Watch for details at my other blog Nana Earth.

Farmers Market is booming. I just love being with like-minded folks. It's energizing. For those of you in the Kansas City area, drop by: Bad Seed Farmers Market 1909 McGee KC on Fridays 4 to 9 pm. It's a happening organic market..you're gonna love it. And, stop by my booth for World's Best Eggs. Their production is overseen by Mable, Queen of her Kingdom.

This is my little sweetheart, Mable. She loves attention. Read some Mable stories HERE.

Remember my camera saga? Well I have lots of new photos on it, but haven't had time to download the software on my computer. Soon....

Part of my extra activity has been to go to the Iowa Sheep-Fiber doings in Des Moines. My daughter gave me a male Angora bunny for Mother's Day (ADORABLE) He was born on St Patricks Day so I named him "Sean Patrick "Paddy" O'Hara. (Again, photos in my camera!)

I plan to spin the bunny fiber so we thought it would be a grand adventure to go to the fiber-festival. We took a class to learn all about Angora bunnies. It's quite different than raising regular rabbits and I look forward to getting a female.

FarmBoy Gary is going to add on to my bunny complex.

I'm sure I've mentioned loosing half my garden to the freaky hard-freeze in May. I did replant with what I had in my greenhouse, Sprout, but it didn't fill all the spaces. A friend of mine has thousands of extra plants so I made a trip to his place and brought home literally a Patti-car-load of plants.

This is PT Patti Petunia. She's a purple PT Cruiser and I can PACK her FULL. I mean FULL. This photo is at a farmers market.

So, now, my task is laid before me...plant, plant, plant.

3 comments:

  1. Youngest's class is hatching eggs. One of the chicks was born with splay? Slain? legs. Google said to tape and brace them for a day or so so that the bones would harden correctly. Fingers crossed. For now there's a whole lot of peeping in the office, as we brought "Larry" home for observation. Lord help me. I have no idea what we are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good for you for trying to help. I haven't had that happen..I wish you the best of luck. Does your area allow backyard chickens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. But we didn't keep them. Several students built coops and took a few home. The rest will go with one student in the class who lives on a farm. They will have over 200 chickens by end of summer. Their eggs are amazing and they sell local. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...