Monday, October 29, 2012

HOW-TO-TUESDAY Calcium

How To yellow

I have so many women ask me about calcium that I decided to re-post an article I wrote a year and a half ago.

Today's HOW-TO is about calcium and how to actually get it inside so your body can use it. So many of the calcium supplements cannot be utilized, broken-down or put to good use inside you. As an herbalist, I have a couple, three actually, good ways to get calcium. Good usable calcium. Calcium that will actually affect your bones by making them stronger and yes, even help to relieve that old-fashioned aching in your bones.

Chances are you have been throwing yours in the trash or grinding it down the garbage disposal, or, if you are really "green", you are tossing your calcium on the compost pile. What the heck am I talking about?

E G G S H E L L S

This first tip is so stinkin' easy your first thought will be that it can't possibly work. Well, it does! When making your next recipe that calls for eggs (please use local farm-pasture-raised eggs!) just follow these simple rules:

1) Save your eggshells.
2) Wash your eggshells.



3) Pour boiling water over your eggshells.


4) Let them cool.



5) Add some lemon. (1/2 tsp per 6 shells)



6) Strain into jar and cap.



7) Use or freeze. Ice trays work wonderfully.

How easy was that? A "dose" is about 1/4 cup of eggshell water. You can just drink it, add it your favorite juice or fruit smoothy. (I have great recipes for smoothies on my website)

Second tip: Instead of water, cover the eggshells with apple cider vinegar DO NOT USE WHITE VINEGAR or I'll have to come out there and get cha! (that's "farm" for get you), organic is BEST. Let it sit at least 2 weeks, 6 weeks is better. Dose is 1 tsp per day.

Third tip: Calcium Tea. If you want to make it yourself the directions are on my website HERE in the Library section under Calcium Tea. It has delightful herbs that are chock full of a lot of minerals, not just calcium. Or, if you want it "ready-made" I also have it for sale in my on-line store HERE


Now, it's your turn to share. Just type in your name and your website or blog address. Your name will appear and folks can click it to be magically transported to your HOW-TO. Thanks for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...