Thursday, March 8, 2012

More Than Meets The Eye

I am always telling my herbal students that it is better to take the whole herb than a tiny part that has been extracted, strengthened or standardized. It is better to eat whole food than it is to eat parts that have been isolated, fortified or instantized.

THERE IS MORE IN THERE THAN MEETS THE EYE.

The constituents in plants are ABUNDANT and LIFE-GIVING. Nourishing and toning.

My daughter sent me a link about breast milk which, once again, proves this point.
There's more in there than JUST food.

Take a few moments to read THIS ARTICLE. and you will see how breast feeding affects your baby long after childhood.

2 comments:

  1. I nursed for six months with Oldest and 16 weeks for Youngest. Honestly, it was exhausting since they were so close together. This was magnified by the fact that Youngest wouldn't take the breast AT ALL. EVER. So I had to pump EVERY bottle for him from day one.

    Did I mention that I had no dishwasher and two babies in bottles?

    Yeah. Fun times.

    Still, I would do it again. If for no other reason than to ease my peace of mind. The article was quite interesting though. But Lord help that woman... 2.5 years of nursing? No thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julianna, bless your heart! It does take a commitment to breast feed...thank you so much for putting baby's health and well being over personal comfort. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...