Friday, February 25, 2011

Don't Leave Home Without It...



What in the world of owies would I ever do without lavender? So many many times in my life lavender has come to my and my loved ones rescue: burns, cuts, bites, bruises and did I say burns? Yes, it merits mentioning more than once. I have NEVER had anything--home remedy or OTC--help with burns like lavender essential oil does. Last week I was burning the trash and failed to see a plastic bag burning with invisible flames. I reached into the trash burner to touch a match to some paper and the melted plastic dripped on my hand. On the medical community's pain scale of 1 to 10, two of my fingers registered a 10. I pulled the small bottle of lavender that I almost always carry out of my pocket and applied several drops. It took a minute or two for the pain to subside and when it returned, I just applied more lavender. The applications were about 20-30 minutes apart for a couple of hours, then 2-3 hours apart for the rest of the day. Blisters formed but there was no pain. It's been a week and I'm still using the lavender a couple times a day. Lavender's analgesic, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties make it a great little first aid product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...